Monday, February 28, 2011

We have a 4 week old!

Well, sort of. They won't let us take her yet, but she'll be fully ours eventually. I put the docs on notice today that if we're not out of here in two weeks, they'll be hell to pay. They laughed. Clearly, they don't know me very well.

Today Molly's wound vac dressing was changed again. Rebecca (the surgeon's nurse practitioner who changes it) said it was better, but I could tell she was hoping it would be farther along so she could tell the cardiologists to start the steroids for her heart squeezing problem. Catch 22: steroids help heart squeezing problems AND inhibit wound healing. We'll find out tomorrow when they're going to start the steroids.

In another hilarious(ly unfunny) NICU move, in addition to drawing blood from Molly often for various things, they actually started drawing my blood too. Babies don't really start making their own blood for a few months. When you draw too much blood on a baby you need to transfuse, which they don't want to do on Molly. So now they're testing me for things. If I don't have them, she doesn't have them.

Grandma Coffey and Aunt Hannah came today as well and will be here until Thursday. Molly is looking forward to some uninterrupted sleeping time in their arms.

Also, got the CUTEST tea/baby gift basket from Taneisha! Molly can't wait to partake.

Another pic. You still can't see her sad new mohawk haircut (they had to shave both sides of her head for ivs). It's probably because I haven't accepted it yet. The nurses saved the hair for me because they knew I would cry that it was gone.

Caught while sleeping. I vow that tube will be gone soon!




















- C

2 comments:

  1. Happy one-month birthday! (A day late.) Have fun with the Coffeys. And I love her little eyelashes in the picture up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a trooper. I couldn't sleep with a tube up my nose...just sayin'.

    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete